Investing to stimulate industrial innovation:
+Innovation +Industry is Portugal Ventures' new investment programme aimed at companies and entrepreneurs in the more traditional sectors of the national economy, with the purpose of promoting business spin-offs and the innovation capacity of SMEs in order to meet the challenges the nation's industry faces and make it more global and competitive.
- Creation of new business realities based on applied innovation, coupled with managerial and commercial capabilities
- Increase the competitiveness of the nation's industry by creating new equipment, products and services for global markets
- Increase the innovation capacity of the nation's industry in the more traditional sectors in order to allow progression in industrial value chains
- Strengthen the connection between entrepreneurs, R&D centres and companies in the more traditional Portuguese industrial sectors
Benefits for the Promoters:
- Investment by Portugal Ventures of up to 1.5M€ (indicatively), with a minority participation, in tranches and based on a development plan
- Valorisation of Intellectual Property
- Monitoring, by experts, of the projects funded by Portugal Ventures
- The selected projects will have the opportunity to be incubated and accelerated in international innovation hubs.
For more detailed information, see the PRESENTATION OF THE +I +I PROGRAMME (in Portuguese).
Some of the venture capital funds managed by Portugal Ventures are co-financed by the European Union through FINOVA, which is backed by operational programmes COMPETE and POR Lisboa, managed by PME Investimentos.