Portugal Ventures participated in the largest event in Europe dedicated to tech-based start-ups, Web Summit. The event took place in Dublin from 3rd to 5th November. In 2016, Web Summit kicks off a new chapter by being held “away from home”, and Lisbon was the city selected to host the event for a period of 3 years.
- B-Guest, a mobile hotel concierge Marketplace aimed at bringinng hotels and guests together, whenever a reservation or a stay is involved. For the guest, it’s an app installed on their mobile device that can be used at any hotel, to request any service on offer, from checking-in to ordering room service or making a reservation at a restaurant. For the hotel, it’s an efficient tool to upsell their services as well as to optimise their day-to-day operations.
- BeyonDevices, a spin-off of Neuroplast, the company was created with the purpose of exploiting niches in the pharmaceutical industry's medical devices market. Its first product, to be launched soon, is a highly innovative vaginal applicator for the women's health sector.
- Bica Studios is a mobile gaming studio. “Smash Time” is the first title in a series of games which has already seen more than 50,000 downloads worldwide, and has received great ratings from gamers and specialised press.
- Boom App, is a mobile app based on unique vídeo and image recognition technolgy. It can be described as the 'Shazam for vídeos and images’. Anything that is in its database is detectable.
- eSolidar is a social impact start-up, based in Braga, Portugal, that aims to empower the community to bolster the visibility and sustainability of charities, through its technology. eSolidar is a charity ecosystem in the form of an online market for charities and their communities, bringing customers and the online stores of the charities together, and enables the arrangement of special auctions with celebrities and brands. It also helps even the smallest of charities to have access to a large consumer market.
The participation of Portugal Ventures at Web Summit 2015 in Dublin between 3 and 5 November was backed by Finova, managed by PME Investimentos, with the participation of EU-funded operational program COMPETE, through FCR Portugal Ventures Internacionalização, an internationalization venture capital fund.