Please read these terms and conditions carefully. They contain important information about your rights and obligations as a user of the Portugal Ventures website.
By accessing or using the Portugal Capital Ventures – Sociedade de Capital de Risco, S.A. website ("Portugal Ventures site"), www.portugalventures.pt, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions as they may be modified and posted from time to time.
If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, then please do not use the Portugal Ventures Site.
Without prejudice to the above, by using the Portugal Ventures Site, you accept and agree to these terms and conditions of use as they apply to your use of the Portugal Ventures Site, including cookies.
Nature of Portugal Ventures Site
The Portugal Ventures Site is a description of the operations, business activities, investments, partners and team of Portugal Ventures, and our views and opinions on certain aspects of different industries. It is your sole responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, usefulness and suitability, for any purpose, of all details of opinions, advice, services and other information provided on the Portugal Ventures Site.
Modifications to Offering
We reserve the absolute right to change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Portugal Ventures Site or the services provided through it, including your access to it.
All new features, services or software tools also are subject to these terms and conditions.
Information You Provide: The following applies to any personal information you provide us, for example during any registration process:
- You authorise us to use, store or otherwise process any personal information including, but not limited to, your name and e-mail address, to the extent reasonably necessary to provide the services which are available through the Portugal Ventures Site, by us or our sub-contractors.
- We may also use the Personal Information, and similar Personal Information you provide us in response to any user surveys that you complete, to aggregate user profiles and, unless you opt out by contacting us through firstname.lastname@example.org, to send you information about new products and services which we think may interest you. We may also pass on your Personal Information to our business associates who may contact you with details of products or services which may interest you, and we may also transfer or disclose Personal Information to other companies, to our professional advisers and to such other parties as we consider necessary, in the administration of the Portugal Ventures Site, and related business, or if required to disclose such information by law.
- You are solely responsible for the Personal Information you provide and we shall take any action we deem necessary or appropriate, with respect to your Personal Information, if we believe it may cause us to suffer any loss, liability or commercial damage. The Personal Information you provide must be accurate and complete, including all registration details (where applicable). Portugal Ventures also allows the user the possibility of accessing his/her personal information, to correct it, update it, rectify it or delete it. In order to do this, the user should send his/her request, in writing, to email@example.com.
- Portugal Ventures endeavours to adopt the security measures necessary to protect the personal information of its users against abusive use or unauthorised access. Although Portugal Ventures is committed to the protection and privacy of its users' personal information, it cannot guarantee the complete eradication of the risk of misuse of said personal information by third parties and, as such, the online disclosure of the information by the user is done so at his/her own risk.
- By accepting these terms and conditions, unless you opt out by contacting us, you freely consent to the processing and disclosure of your Personal Information.
- Certain non-personal information of visitors to the Portugal Ventures Site is automatically recorded by the standard operation of our servers to enhanced on-line experience for the visitors.
What are cookies? Cookies are text files stored in your browser when you visit a website. They are used by most websites, like Portugal Ventures Site, to improve user experience and website performance. Cookies are not used to run programmes or deliver viruses to your computer.
Further information about cookies can be found on the following websites:
In order to manage your cookies, please select your browser from the list below and follow the instructions:
You are solely responsible, in all respects, for using and protecting the confidentiality of any email verification number and password which may be given to you, or selected by you, for use on the Portugal Ventures Sites. You may not share these with or transfer them to any third parties. You must notify Portugal Ventures immediately of any unauthorised use or any other breach of security regarding the Portugal Ventures Site which comes to your attention.
Applicability The Online Materials of the Portugal Ventures Site are controlled and operated by Portugal Ventures from its offices in Portugal. Those who visit the Portugal Ventures Site from other locations do so of their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
Liability The Portugal Ventures Site and all materials and information thereon are provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to the Site. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to Users for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever, and howsoever arising (including due to our negligence) out of or in connection with the viewing, use or performance of the Portugal Ventures Site or its contents, whether due to inaccuracy, error, omission or any other cause and whether on the part of Portugal Ventures or our servants or agents, or any other person.
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the Portugal Ventures Site. You also understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that any material available for downloading from the Site will be free from infection, viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
Copyright and Monitoring
The content of the Portugal Ventures Site is protected by international copyright laws and other intellectual property rights. The owners of these rights are Portugal Ventures or other third party licensors. All product and company names and logos mentioned in the Portugal Ventures Site may be the trademarks, service marks or trade names of their respective owners, including Portugal Ventures. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, by any means or in any manner, any material or information on or downloaded from the Portugal Ventures Site including, but not limited to, text, graphics, video, messages, code and/or software without our prior written consent. Specifically, the reposting of news is authorised as long as the source is indicated.
Portugal Ventures provides hypertext links to sites on the Internet which are operated by other people and we make no representations whatsoever about any other site which you may access through the Portugal Ventures Site or which may link to the Portugal Ventures Site. When accessing another website by clicking a link on the Portugal Ventures Site, you understand that that website is not controlled and does not belong to Portugal Ventures. It is further understood that Portugal Ventures is not responsible for the content of the other website, or for any harm that it may cause, in any way. If you have any problems related to the external websites you should contact the webmaster or administrator of that website.
Availability of Portugal Ventures Site
We will endeavour to make the Portugal Ventures Site available but cannot guarantee that it will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error free. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Portugal Ventures Site and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, Portugal Ventures Site, router or any other internet connected device.
We may assign or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions. We may alter these terms and conditions from time to time and post the new version on the Portugal Ventures Site, following which all use of the Portugal Ventures Site will be governed by that version.
If any provision or term of these terms and conditions becomes or is declared illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such term or provision shall be divisible from them and shall be deemed to be deleted from them.
These terms and conditions and your use of the Portugal Ventures Site are governed by Portuguese law and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Portuguese courts.
All notices shall be given by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to you at the e-mail address you provide during the registration process.