RUBYnanomed is a spin-off from the International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL), founded to bring to the clinical market the RUBYchipTM: the first non-invasive and easy-to-use cancer progression monitoring device that isolates circulating tumour cells (CTCs) through liquid biopsy directly from whole blood samples. RUBYchipTMwill provide the oncologists with a new tool for better monitoring of metastasis, enabling better therapeutic decisions, and thus improving the life of cancer patients.
- Elevator Pitch Competition (EPiC), First prize – health technologies. Organised by Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP), Hong Kong, 2020
- Industry Award, INL, PT, 2020
- IPA4SME, European Commission for Seal of Excellence projects in EIC funding call, PT/EU, 2020
- Winner of the Royal Society of Chemistry Emerging Technologies Competition in the category of Health, London, UK – first prize, UK, 2019
- AdMaCom (Berlin, Germany) – first prize, DE, 2018
- Everis, RUBYnanomed, semifinalists (20 best among 1000 applications), ES, 2018
- RESOLVE – for scale-up and pre-clinical trials for breast cancer, PT, 2017
- Startup Braga – Prize: Boston Roadshow for the company of 1 week, PT, 2017
- StartupNano – first prize, in-kind services and facilities for incubation, PT, 2017
Lorena Diéguez – CEO; Enrique Sanchez – CBO; Sara Abalde-Cela – CTO; Paulina Piairo – COO.