What is Call INNOV-ID
The 4th Edition of Call INNOV-ID aims at promoting access to venture capital financing for science and technology-based projects, through a venture capital fund managed by Portugal Ventures, in partnership with ANI – National Innovation Agency.
These investments aim to finance companies that are starting out, so that they have the runway to reach more developed stages that enable them to raise additional rounds of capital.
This Call is designed for projects or companies in the pre-seed, seed or early stage, with developed technology, but that are still in the prototype, proof of concept, product (MVP) or product-market-fit validation phase, with growth and scalability potential in the global market.
The projects and their solutions must contribute directly or indirectly to one of the following:
- decarbonisation of the economy;
- process, product and material sustainability;
- energy efficiency and sustainability;
- circular economy.
Portugal Ventures will invest €100,000 per project.
The submissions are closed.
Are Eligibile projects in the sectors:
- Digital & Technology;
- Industry & Technology, preferably in the energy efficiency, decarbonisation, sustainability and circular economy sectors;
- Health & Technology;
- Tourism Tech.
1. Incorporated companies that fulfil the following criteria are eligible:
a) Directly or indirectly contribute to the decarbonisation of the economy, process, product and material sustainability, greater energy efficiency and sustainability or to a circular economy (mandatory);
b) Technology-based companies that are the result of proven technology transfer processes of entities in the national scientific and technological system that fulfil at least one of the following criteria:
i) they are result of a scientific, technology or academic research and development programme carried out within higher education institutions or Technology Interface Centres (including, in particular, technology centres, science and technology parks, tech-based incubators or incubators linked to higher education institutions, or to Technology Interface Centres);
ii) they have obtained recognition of suitability in the practice of R&D activities by ANI;
iii) they are beneficiaries of incentives managed by ANI;
iv) they are promoted by or employ highly qualified human resources;
c) Companies that have not been invested in by other venture capitalists (mandatory);
d) Companies founded less than 8 years ago (mandatory);
e) Companies with registered offices and the majority of their operations in Portugal (mandatory);
f) Companies that have no debts outstanding to the Tax Authority and Social Security at the date of application (mandatory);
g) Public limited liability companies or private limited liability companies (mandatory);
h) Companies that are not directly or indirectly owned or controlled by large companies (mandatory);
2. Companies not yet incorporated must comply with the provisions set out under paragraphs 1(a) and 1(b).
See here all the documentation about the Call:
- The application must be submitted, exclusively, through one of the entities that are part of Portugal Ventures’ Ignition Partners Network;
- Portugal Ventures’ Ignition Partners must send an e-mail requesting access to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the e-mail address to confirm the submission of applications. After receiving the confirmation e-mail from Portugal Ventures, the Ignition Partner should complete registration. Where the Ignition Partner has already submitted projects in the 3rd Edition of Call INNOV-ID, their data will remain valid;
- The application form available on the Portugal Ventures website must be completed in Portuguese or English;
- The deadline for submission and the dates relevant to the process are available on the Portugal Ventures website;
- Any questions or requests for additional information should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com;
- If applicable, the application form must be accompanied by all documents requested in the “Attachments” section of the form.
if you have any questions or doubts, please fill out the form.