Something in Hands – Investigação Científica, Lda is a Spin-off from Faculdade de Ciências, Universidade de Lisboa, developing new drugs for metastatic cancer targeted therapy. Currently, our project in breast cancer is in the proof-of-concept phase (WO2016/087932).
- First Place for the project “Rupharma”, in ScienceIN2Business Initiative promoted by TecLabs, 2015.
- “Young Investigator Award”, during the Conference “2nd European Conference on Smart Inorganic Polymers”, 2015.
- Scholarship by the programme “Fulbright grant for Portuguese Scholars and Researchers”.
- Private Investment from “Prodigy Bubble” beween 2017-2020 to financial support to test in vivo and international patent.
- Monetary Prize by the Royal Society of Chemistry Research Fund Grant, 2016.
- Thesis for PhD to represent the Portuguese Chemistry Society in the Conference “6th EFMC Young Medicinal Chemist Symposium”, 2019.
Portugal Ventures’ Investment Manager
The company was composed of 4 founders: Bruno Azevedo (CEO), Miguel Sousa (CTO), Ricardo Soares (COO), Rodrigo Pires (CCO), who are all Electrical Engineers.