What is Call Azores
Azores Ventures is a venture capital investment fund created under the scope of the Azorean Agenda for Job Creation and Business Competitiveness spearheaded by the Government of the Azores and Portugal Ventures.
Portugal Ventures, through Azores Ventures, shall meet the financing needs of approved projects, with an indicative amount not exceeding two thousand euros per year and with the majority of the company’s share capital being held by its Founders.
- companies in their initial stage (with no turnover from their main business activity), seed and startup, which have high valuation potential, with innovative projects;
- companies with investment projects, preferably approved within the scope of the incentive schemes for investment in the Autonomous Region of the Azores;
- projects aimed at the economic exploitation of innovative tradable goods in the Autonomous Region of the Azores;
- projects that promote an increased export capacity of the Autonomous Region of the Azores;
- innovative projects considered strategic for the Autonomous Region of the Azores in the space and digital areas;
- projects in the test phase of the technological concept, including prototyping, valuing intellectual property and developing business plans. The proof of concept phase should result in a technological licensing plan and/or the possibility of industrialisation of the products generated by the technology and commercialisation;
- projects for consolidation or financial restructuring shall not be eligible
- Tech (artificial intelligence, cloud & IT, enterprise software, SaaS, mobile, e-commerce, marketplaces, nanotechnologies, new materials, hardware)
- Life Sciences ( therapeutics, medtech, diagnostics, digital health)
- Tourism (tourism and leisure activities, travel tech)
- Other (space, energy, agrobusiness, forestry and sea industries)
Know more about Call Azores:
- Pre-screening: feedback 15 days after online application;
- Term-Sheet proposal: up to 60 days after pre-screening.