One Bridge, One Solution
BERD investigates, develops and applies state-of-the-art solutions for bridge and viaduct construction methods. BERD’s Movable Scaffolding Systems and Launching Gantries are equipped with OPS (Organic Prestressing System) and designed for the construction of bridges and viaducts with spans of up to 120 meters.
Born in 2006, as a spin-off of the Faculty of Engineering of Porto University, BERD is one of the TOP 3 World Leaders in its field of expertise and was already involved in the construction of more than 20 bridges and viaducts in 5 continents. In 2016 BERD launched a new Business Unit: “Modular Bridge Solutions” that is currently supplying more than 150 Modular Bridges to Peru.
Awards and Distinctions:
- 2010-2016: Estatuto PME Líder
- 2015 – PV Engineering & Manufacturing Venture of the Year
- 2014 – Honourable Mention given by the President of the Portugues Republic – COTEC Innovation Award; SME Excellence Statuts
- 2012 e 2013 – Top Exporta Award
- 2005 – BES Innovation Award
- 2004 – FIVE Award
- 2001 – FIB Award
- Construction Process of Structures with Empty Segments and Construction System of Structures with Empty Segments
- “Hybrid Large Span construction system with precast segments and method of hybrid construction of large span bridge with precast segments
- “Processo de Construção de Estruturas com Segmentos Vazios e Sistema de Construção de Estruturas com Segmentos Vazios
- “Gantry with auto adjustable prestressing “Cimbre com pré-esforço auto-ajustável e uma metodologia de aplicação de pré-esforço auto-ajustável em cimbres”
Pedro Pacheco – CEO; Diogo Graça Moura – VP; Pedro Loureiro – CFO; Brigitte Rouquet – Marketing Director.