Innovation in bridge construction
BERD investigates, develops and applies state-of-the-art solutions for bridge and viaduct construction methods. BERD’s Movable Scaffolding Systems and Launching Gantries are equipped with OPS (Organic Prestressing System) and designed for the construction of bridges and viaducts with spans of up to 120 meters. Born in 2006, as a spin-off of the Faculty of Engineering of Porto University, BERD is one of the TOP 3 World Leaders in its field of expertise and was already involved in the construction of more than 20 bridges and viaducts in 5 continents. In 2016 BERD launched a new Business Unit: “Modular Bridge Solutions” that is currently supplying more than 150 Modular Bridges to Peru.
- 2022: Award – ECCS European Steel Bridges; Award – Portugal Steel Bridges;
- 2021-2022: Status Inovadora Cotec
- 2020: Award – PME Inovação COTEC-BPI
- 2010-2016: Status PME Líder
- 2015 – PV Engineering & Manufacturing Venture of the Year
- 2014 – Honourable Mention given by the President of the Portugues Republic – COTEC Innovation Award; SME Excellence Statuts
- 2012 e 2013 – Top Exporta Award
- 2005 – BES Innovation Award
- 2004 – FIVE Award
- 2001 – FIB Award
Pedro Pacheco – President & CEO.