Next Generation PET – early cancer detection
They develop, produce and sell next generation PET Detector Modules and complete PET readout systems for PET scanners (high resolution and sensitivity, low radiation dose, enabling early cancer detection) and other applications. PET – Positron Emission Tomography is the medical imaging modality of reference in cancer detection. PET images are made with PET scanners. PET detector cost represents 30-35% of a PET scanner sales price (1M€).
- May 2023 PETsys Electronics was distiguished by CERN with the very exclusive CMS Industrial Award.
- September 2022 Pre-series production of a PETsys TOFPET2 ASIC based PET Scanner, started in China by a PETsys customer.
- March 2021 PETsys Electronics delivered it’s first sale to NASA.
- March 2020 PETsys is the leader of a research consortium to develop an application of PETsys TOF-PET for Proton Therapy: “In-beam Time-of-Flight (TOF) Positron Emission Tomography (PET) for proton radiation therapy”. The collaboration includes four institutions in Portugal (PETsys, LIP, C2TN and ICNAS), and two institutions in Texas, USA: University of Texas at Austin (Department of Physics, Austin) and UT MD Anderson Cancer Center (Proton Therapy Center, Houston).
- July 2019 CERN chooses PETsys Electronics and ordered the development of a new ASIC: TOFHiR2 (Time-of-Flight at High-Rate) for the CMS MIP Timing Detector (LYSO timing layer of the CMS experiment).
- November 2018 PETsys Electronics was listed among Medical & Health IT and one of the top 25 Portuguese emerging start-ups for 2018 in the Scale-up report.
- December 2017 CERN chooses the ASIC developed by PETsys Electronics and ordered the development of the new ASIC (TOFHiR: Time-of-Flight at High-Rate) for the CMS MIP Timing Detector (LYSO timing layer of the CMS experiment).
- November 2017 PETsys Electronics was listed first among Medical & Health IT and one of the top 25 Portuguese emerging start-ups for 2017 in the Scale-up report.
- March 2017 PETsys Electronics got the third “SEAL OF EXCELLENCE” from the European Commission.
- November 2016 PETsys Electronics got the second “SEAL OF EXCELLENCE” from the European Commission.
- September 2016 PETsys Electronics was selected by a distinguished Road2WebSummit judging panel to showcase at WebSummit 2016.
- July 2016 PETsys Electronics got the “SEAL OF EXCELLENCE” from the European Commission.
- December 2015 PETsys Electronics was selected as one of the Top 25 Award Winners of the European Venture Contest (9th edition of the European Venture Summit, Düsseldorf).
Joao Varela – President; Stefaan Tavernier – Board Member; Pierre Jarron – Board Member; Vasco Varela – CEO and Board Member.