What is Call Madeira
- Call Madeira aims to promote access to venture capital financing for innovative projects with activity in the Autonomous Region of Madeira.
- Portugal Ventures is willing to invest up to €200,000 per company/project.
- Submissions are open until 14th March.
Conditions for Eligibility
1.Companies in the following stages are eligible:
2.Incorporated or be incorporated companies with activity in the Azores with a maximum of three years of economic activity, until the moment of the investment.
3.In the following verticals:
- Life Sciences (Therapeutics, Med Tech, Diagnostics);
- Tech (Cloud & IT, Enterprise and SaaS, Mobile, E-marketplaces, Travel & Leisure Tech);
- Others (namely Blue Economy, Endogenous Resources, Energy, Agri-food Sector, forestry industry, nanotechnology and materials).
Characteristics of the Projects
Projects most likely to be invested in will have the following characteristics:
- An original idea of and led by the founders;
- Be promoted by multidisciplinary teams;
- Focus on tradable goods or services that are part of international value chains;
- A clear strategy to protect and enhance intellectual property, if applicable;
- Significant global market potential;
- Implementable with available resources;
- Covered by the incentive schemes for the Autonomous Region of Madeira (A.R.M.), if applicable;
- Promote the export capacity of the A.R.M.;
- Promote the image of the A.R.M. as a nature and environmentally sustainable destination;
- Foster entrepreneurship in the A.R.M.