- For projects in the pre-seed, seed, early-stage and growth stages, based and/or operating in the Autonomous Region of the Azores;
- Investment of up to €500,000 per project;
- Submissions are open until 6 February.
Lisbon, 10 January 2023 – Portugal Ventures, part of Portuguese promotional bank Banco Português de Fomento, has launched the 2nd edition of Call Açores to promote access to venture capital financing for innovative projects, based and/or operating in the Autonomous Region of the Azores, capable of boosting the Region’s growth and development.
Call Açores aims at identifying national or regional startup ventures in sectors considered to be of interest to the development of entrepreneurship in the Azores, with the potential to go global and which help position Portugal as an advanced tech hub that is globally competitive and attractive to international investors.
Call Açores will invest in:
- Incorporated companies or those to be incorporated, based and/or operating in the Azores;
- Innovative projects/companies in the pre-seed, seed, early-stage and growth stages;
- Innovative projects:
- that directly or indirectly boost export capacity in the Autonomous Region of the Azores;
- that project a positive image of the Azores abroad as a nature and environmentally sustainable destination considered strategic for the Region, in the follow sectors: Tourism, Life Sciences, Technology, and other strategic sectors, such as Spatial, Energy, Agri-food, Forestry Industry, and the Ocean Industry.
Portugal Ventures will host a Zoom webinar to explain the eligibility requirements on 24 January, at 3.30pm Continental Portugal Time and 2.30pm Azores Time. You can register here.
All information relating to Call Açores can be found on the Portugal Ventures website here.